Address: 7838 N 59th Ave, Glendale AZ 85301
Time: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Instructor: LeAnn Hileman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This one day class will inspire you to make several of these pretty clutch wallets, simple to make and yet looking professional and sophisticated. It takes just a bit of fabric, two fat quarters. By the end of class, the student will have installed a zipper, using the bound zipper technique, a method LeAnn teaches a an alternative to the pattern instruction. The student will also have installed the metal clutch hardware.
Prewash your fabrics.
PLEASE NOTE: In addition to cutting the pieces described in the pattern instruction, cut this additional piece: 3 inches by 8 1/2 inches of your main fabric. This is the facing for your zipper. Please have all your pieces cut out before class and label each piece.
- PATTERN - Diva Frame Wallet by Sew Many Creations
- Sewing machine in good working order
- Bring your manual
- zipper foot
- quarter inch foot (if you typically use it)
- If you want to use any decorative stitches (I did on the inside of the wallet), check your manual to see if you need a specific foot to accomplish that stitch. Interfacing
- 1/4 yard of Decor Bond Fabric
- l/4 yard of two fabrics - You can use fat quarters but they don't have to be fat - quarters. They can simply be l/4 yard cuts.
- Pressing aids - a clapper (a tailor's tool for pressing) is very helpful. I will have my own clapper available at class and you are welcome to use it. I will be demonstrating the use of the clapper.
- Fabric Markers - My favorite for marking on dark fabrics is the (white) Chaco Liner and my favorite for marking light fabrics is the Frixion pen (disappears when you apply heat to it)
- Thread - 50 weight thread to match your fabrics. We will be doing top stitching as well as piecing so you will want to have thread in a color or colors to match both the exterior fabric and the lining fabric.
- One all purpose zipper - It needs to be longer than the 7 inch zipper the pattern states is required. I use longer zippers and cut off the extra. It makes the installation of the zipper MUCH EASIER. What I think works best are the zippers By Annie (wider zipper tape and more flexible teeth and lots of colors).
- Also bring permanent fabric glue. Most of the glues are not permanent so check the packaging on what you have. Aleene's brand glues work well for a permanent glue.
- Also bring Fray Check or Fray Block.
- Hardware - Diva Wallet Hardware in 8" size. Comes in two pieces with a set of tiny screws.
- Regular sewing supplies:
- rotary cutter
- fabric scissors
- small cutting mat to use at your workspace